12. October 2012 13:09
Here is an item all James Bond Fans will be wanting to add to their Christmas Wish List:
Author Paul Duncan has done a tremendous job: this enormous book is packed with interviews and a most impressive collection of archival photos taken on set and behind the scenes. The photos and diagrams from the Connery Bond films are particularly impressive. This is simply a must have book for any devoted fan of the James Bond films and is an indispensible addition to any 007 collection.
Fifty years of Bond, James Bond
The James Bond Archives
Fifty years of Bond, James Bond "Bond, James Bond." Since Sean Connery uttered those immortal words in 1962, the most dashing secret agent in the history of cinema has been charming and thrilling audiences worldwide. This impeccably British character created by author Ian Fleming has starred in 23 EON-produced films, played by 6 different actors over five decades.
To celebrate 50 years of this innovative franchise, EON Productions opened their archives of photos, designs, storyboards, and production materials to editor Paul Duncan, who spent two years researching over one million images and 100 filing cabinets of documentation. The result is the most complete account of the making of the series, covering every James Bond film ever made, beginning with Dr. No (1962) and ending with the upcoming Skyfall (2012), including the spoof Casino Royale (1967) and Never Say Never Again (1983).
The stunning imagery is accompanied by an oral history recounted by over 150 cast and crew members, relating the true inside story of how the Bond films were made. Containing previously unpublished photography and artwork, as well as production memos from filming, this book is a comprehensive tribute to the legend of James Bond.
- * Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the most successful and longest-running film franchise in cinema history!
- * Made with unrestricted access to the Bond archives, this XL tome recounts the entire history of James Bond in words and pictures
- * Among the 1,100 images are many previously unseen stills, on-set photos, memos, documents, storyboards, posters, and designs, plus unused concepts, and alternative designs
- * Behind-the-scenes stories from the people who were there: producers, directors, actors, screenwriters, production designers, special effects technicians, stuntmen, and other crew members
- * Includes every Bond film ever made, from Dr. No (1962) to Skyfall (2012)
- * Special bonus included with the first print run of the book only: an original strip of film from Dr. No
Written by: Paul Duncan
Published by: Taschen America, LLC
Date published: 11/09/2012
Available in Hardcover
Order your copy of The James Bond Archives today
James Bond films © 1962–2012 Danjaq, LLC and United Artists Corporation.All rights reserved.
Also available in 2 Art Editions, each limited to 250 copies.